Website LIPSCOMB UNIVERSITY MASTER OF SCIENCE IN NUTRITION & DIETETIC INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Lipscomb University’s Master of Science & Dietetic Internship is a 45 credit hour combined program based in Nashville, TN. Our MS DI model should allow for better work-life balance as the first three semesters of courses (Fall, Spring, Summer) will be available both in an online format as well as in-person and the heavy load of didactic work will be completed prior to the last two semesters of experiential rotations which requires in-person experiences in the greater Nashville area. This design will allow the intern to devote more energy towards hands-on learning and completion of his/her research project in Year 2, rather than combining heavy course loads and homework while also completing a full work-week in rotations.
- Healthcare is Nashville’s largest and fastest growing employer and our program partners with 10 hospitals in the greater Nashville area.
- We offer three concentrations: Sports Nutrition, Health Promotion and Wellness or Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Our program is 5 consecutive semesters; the first three being graduate courses that can be taken online, in-person or as a hybrid format which will provide the knowledge needed to excel in rotations. The last 2 semesters must be on-site in Nashville for the experiential meeting of competencies during 1050 hours in the field of dietetics.
- We have over 100 excellent preceptors who mentor our interns through rotations of clinical inpatient, outpatient, foodservice, long-term care, community health, school nutrition, corporate wellness, private practice and sports nutrition.
- We have supportive faculty who provide individual mentoring and use the Predictive Index Talent Optimization Tool for hospital placements, as well as professional development of interns.
- Graduates recommend our program and are often employed upon graduation with our partnering organizations.
- Jean Inman RD Review materials are provided during the 2nd year, including over 1000 test questions within an online testing platform.
- Bachelor degree earned; DPD courses within the past 5 years
- Verification Statement from an ACEND accredited program in dietetics
- Minimum DPD GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; GRE optional
- Submitted DICAS application by Lipscomb’s deadline of February 1
- Excellent reference/recommendations, with one from a dietetics department advisor
- Acceptance fee of $500 is paid to Lipscomb when offered a dietetic intern position
- Submitted Lipscomb’s Graduate School application as instructed after acceptance
- Complete and submit the online Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS) application by February 1, including a personal statement (criteria in question section), official transcripts, recommendation letters, program specific submission of an introduction video (instructions in question section) and concentration area rankings.
- Optional: Request from ETS your official GRE score report to be sent electronically to Lipscomb University code 1161, Nutrition 0214 or Dietetics 0628.
- Sunday, Oct 8th – FNCE Student Fair (ONLY for those attending FNCE in Denver, CO). In-person only. Location: HQ Hotel-Centennial Ballroom from 4:30 to 6:00pm Mountain Time.
- Thursday, Oct 19, 2023 – Virtual Only 12:00 – 1:30pm CST
- Friday, Oct 27, 2023 – Virtual and In-person 2:00 – 3:30pm CST
- Friday, Nov 10, 2023 – Virtual and In-person 2:00 – 3:30pm CST
- Friday, Dec 1, 2023 – Virtual and In-person 2:00 – 3:30pm CST
- Thursday, Dec 14, 2023 – Virtual Only 12:00 – 1:30pm CST
To apply for this job email your details to ANNE.LOWERY@LIPSCOMB.EDU